Wednesday 13 April 2011

All Over Again?

The patterns are so similar. Do they all do the same thing? I mean, I don't really object. They're cute, and if they didn't work, they wouldn't use these tactics on us women.

But I guess I'm wondering:

Am I ready to do this all over again?

Staying up late to text. Saying those cute ridiculous things to each other. Those sickeningly cute things. About how funny/smart/great they are. Making plans of movies nights to see films the other one just has to see. Dropping hints about how they should come with you on a trip to see one of your favorite spots. Mentioning things you love, and finding out you have that in common. In short: the shameless, abandoned flirting.

And as nice as it feels, and as much as an unexpected text can make me beam from ear to ear, and even though the feelings are beautiful and uplifting, I can't help but think: Why bother?

I'll be jetting out of this place in a matter of months, is it worth entangling my heart in a sure trap for the sake of the bright feelings it brings now, when sooner than later it will only bring pain.

No. It is not.

But will I regardless? That may be a different story.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment