Saturday 26 March 2011

Forbidden Love.

Do you choose who you love?

Now, I know I'm using the term "love" too loosely here. And I apologize because I don't like how overused it has become. And realistically, I think love is a choice.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

That kind of love is definitely a choice.

But that's not what I meant. I guess really, I want to know if like is a choice. Infatuation. Attraction.

I mean, do you choose which person steals your heart? Can you control who makes you happy? Who makes your heart skip a beat? Who can put a smile on your face just by showing up.

Because those things feel so very involuntary.

And, if you try to tell whatever it is, your heart, your mind - your pancreas for that matter - not to feel those little things that come so naturally, why does it seem to work in reverse?

Just something that's been on my mind..

S

1 comment: