Saturday 27 July 2013

Corrupted.

there are nights we cannot touch again; held sacred by the innocence that once surrounded them. 
a naivety that we've since broken - in violent and gentle ways.

adam and eve traded paradise for a taste of fruit,
so we traded trust with the knowledge of what a grown heart looks like when it's wrung dry.
we traded wonder with books on the human condition. 
and I traded you for a sense of freedom and a list of things I never even wanted to do. 
[you traded me before I had a chance to change my mind].

so here's to us, 
and to everything we lost when all the deals went through.

S. 

6 comments:

  1. So profound S. ... I traded my trust for a fantasy and my D traded me before I even knew it was happening :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we all a little, or too corrupted? What's worse for me is, I love how it feels.
    TO ME IT MATTERS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some deep shit. It kinda grabs my attention like a pinched nerve might. But I kinda agree with Reckless Dreamer, I'm hooked on playing with that string of a raw nerve like playing with a tooth getting ready to fall out. I embrace my humanity a little too much sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow really makes me think.You phrase everything so beautifully, making something so sad sound lovely. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure you've had your heart wrung out. At least a few times. Because people who haven't known pain just can't write like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it true that we always want the things we can't have?

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete