Friday 4 November 2011

Of Surviving The Winter.

The days are getting colder. It snowed last week and I was outside in it. Wandering around in my cardigan, staring up at the darkness and the white.

You know how I get in the cold. You know I wasn't designed for it. Yet for some reason, I chose here to be my home.

I don't know how I'm going to deal with it. It's November. It's November and I'm freezing.
You'd think I'd have run to warmth, run to the very thing I desire. I like heat best. It seems, though, that I have a perpetual problem of holding on to it, so that maybe, subconsciously, I just let it go. It would not have been my first time..

But I'm here now, and that has to be faced. So I'll tie a piece of home around my neck. I'll hang it there, as heavy as the hopes I carry with it. And I'll brave each winter night, and wait for my escape.

S.

{Photo: Silent Sequoias}

No comments:

Post a Comment