Tuesday 5 July 2011

Elastic Hearts.

I just got back from a week of staff training at a camp.
It's a small camp. On a small island. With a small staff.  For a small amount of time.

Yet somehow the smallness - the closeness - of all things to all else, made it an unbelievable week, and I've come back from it feeling.. loved.
In a way that I haven't, for a very long time.

It's one thing to feel love from family - and I  have an amazing family. It's one thing to feel love from close friends you've grown up with - and let it be known that I have the best friends the universe could offer up. And it is one thing to feel loved from a boy - and I can't say I've ever truly experienced that at this point in my life, so I can't say much there.

But to feel the love from strangers that you've only known for such a small period, and to feel it so deeply.. it warms my soul - (however cheesy that may sound.) It reminds me of what it looks like when you live your life Christ centered. And it reminds me that hearts can love so big. A heart can stretch and heal and open up to new people whenever the need arises. There is no limit known.

I decided to be a camp counselor this summer on a whim. I heard about it, and just decided I'd apply. And the people that I have met there have already created such a space in my heart that I didn't know there was room for. It's funny to think about not knowing them.

Our choices impact our lives so deeply. And I can only hope that I will make more choices that will impact my life with such deep love and learning, as this one has.

S.

PS. Matthew Barber's voice is magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment