Sunday 19 June 2011

I'm Going To Miss This..

It's nearly over. My entire high school career is at it's close. Everything will be officially over in one week.

So much is happening so fast, and so much is running through my brain.
I guess I'm getting a little bit sad now, realizing this is all coming to an end. It's something I've been waiting for since I was a wide-eyed child on the playground, and now that the final days are upon me, I want to hold on to the nearest moment and not let go.

I keep thinking about all the things I meant to do before the last bell rings. All the people I always meant to go out to lunch with. All the friendships that are just beginning. And now, the end is just a few tests away. No more school days, with real classes. Just a building open for tests, and teachers waiting for the last of the school work to trickle in - or be dumped upon them in a violent storm of quickly mustered assignments.

And although I am looking forward to the moment when I walk across the stage and am declared graduated by my teachers and friends, so much of me is not ready for that. I keep listening to nostalgic tunes, and looking at photos of these past years. Wondering who I'm going to be without all the people that have brought me to this place.


Stop this train. I want to get off and go home again.
 I can't take the speed it's moving in.
I know I can't, but honestly, won't someone stop this train?

So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young.

1 comment:

  1. As someone that graduated a little while ago. Honestly, the best is yet to come. High school was fun, but the real world is so much better.

    ReplyDelete